Chilli Bean Soup
Serves 2- 3
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 celery sticks, finely sliced
1 carrot, diced
pinch chilli flakes
1/2 tsp cumin
1 vegetable stock cube (or homemade stock)
400ml hot water
400g tin chopped tomatoes
400g tin adzuki or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
120g coconut yoghurt
handful coriander, chopped
sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and saute the onion, garlic, celery and carrot for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the chilli flakes and cumin and cook for a minute.
- Make the stock by dissolving the stock cube in the hot water.
- Pour in the tomatoes, stock and beans, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix together the yoghurt and coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the yoghurt to serve.