400g ground steak mince
1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
150g mushrooms, sliced
200ml beef broth
600ml nomato sauce (link below)
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
6 frozen spinach balls
3 large courgettes, spirialised
Himalayan sea salt
- To a large pan, add the mince, onion and garlic and allow to cook over a medium heat until the meat has browned.
- Add the mushrooms and allow to cook for a further 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the broth, nomato sauce and mixed herbs and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes to reduce the sauce and build flavour. Stir occassionally to prevent the sauce sticking to the pan. Add the spinach balls halfway through cooking.
- To cook the courgetti, place a dash of water into a large pan over a high heat. Add the courgetti and cook until all the moisture in the pan has evaporated, and the strands are cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with a little Himalayan sea salt to taste.
- To serve, add the courgette to each plate topped with a generous helping of Bolognese sauce.