What does a balanced diet mean?
Eating a balanced diet
Eating a balanced diet – what does this mean?
- Stay Hydrated – aim to include 2L of water per day
- Set SMART goals – you don’t have to do everything at once!
- Don’t skip protein – try to include protein in every meal or snacks you have
- Eat plenty of healthy fats (there is no need to choose “low fat” foods)
- Eat carbohydrates from vegetables
- Eat the rainbow – different coloured fruit and vegetables
- Limit sugar and processed foods
- Everything in moderation – it’s a journey and you need to enjoy this process. TRUST IT!