Pea and Spinach Soup
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 shallots or 1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
salt and pepper
1 litre of vegetable bouillon stock
300g spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger, crushed
1 garlic clove, crushed
handful of mint leaves
handful of basil leaves
- Cook the quinoa, drain and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion or shallots and celery.
- Salt and pepper lightly, then toss and stir for 5 minutes, until the onions are transparent. Pour in the vegetable bouillon stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the peas, spinach, ginger, garlic and cooked quinoa and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat before adding the mint and basil.
- Blend to a smooth consistency or leave some texture if you prefer.