Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Engagement
Sonia Hollis (NT) requests that the Client notes the following –
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme.
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
- Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the BANT Code of Professional Practice.
- This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Therapy within this consultation, and Sonia Hollis will make it clear if she intends to step outside this boundary.
The Client understands and agrees to the following –
- You are responsible for contacting your GP about any health concerns.
- You give permission for Sonia Hollis (NT) to contact your GP regarding any agreed aspects of your case.
- Agreement to client referral will be taken as consent to disclose information to the relevant 3rd party only.
- If you are receiving treatment from your GP, or any other medical provider, you should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by a nutritional therapist. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
- It is important that you tell Sonia Hollis (NT) about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, you are taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
- If you are unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/time period, you should contact Sonia Hollis (NT) promptly for clarification.
- You must contact Sonia Hollis (NT) should you wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- You are advised to report any concerns about Nutritional Therapy promptly to Sonia Hollis (NT) for discussion and action.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of both the Nutritional Therapist and the Client.
- You understand that your completed health questionnaire will be used as a basis for our first consultation. All first consultations are necessary for any nutritional therapy programme to begin and will last between 1 and 1 & half hours.
We understand the above and agree that our professional relationship will be based on the content of these terms and conditions. We declare that all the information we share during this professional relationship is, to the best of our knowledge, true and correct.